Friday, March 6, 2015

ESSIE CASHMERE MATTE COLLECTION REVIEW!

ESSIE CASHMERE MATTE COLLECTION!  


Here I have the new Essie 2015 Cashmere Matte Collection. I originally bought 5 of the 6, but I have since acquired them all. I know, I get a little crazy when it comes to Essie. So, I will be reviewing the entire collection here for you today! I also have a video review on my Youtube channel @kristinjohnson, if you want to see that too, but I only had 3 at that point. That's why I wanted to blog about them too. I hope you all enjoy and let's get in to it.......






WRAP ME UP...

Wrap Me up is a very light off white milky shade that dries matte. This is such a gorgeous color but it is a bit difficult to apply and get it to look nice. It dries so fast and it just makes it hard to get even coverage, but if you work fast you can do it. I really like it and I love wearing it too. This is one of two that doesn't have shimmer like the rest of the collection, which I'll get to soon.



ALL EYES ON NUDES...

All eyes on nudes is a beige nude shade and the only other one without shimmer. It dries matte and I have two coats on here. This one was a little less difficult than the last, but still not real easy. I also love this color, but you still have to work fast to get it to look good.



JUST STITCHED...

Just stitched is a gorgeous light milky/chalky pink with a blue shimmer running through it. It dries matte and take about 3+ coats to get it opaque and even. I  had the most trouble out of this one, because it was just so streaky and was pulling when I would add another coat if I wasn't quick enough with it. I am in love with the color, but it's just way too difficult and I'd say stay away from this one.



COMFY IN CASHMERE...

Comfy in cashmere is a Tan/beige color and looks pretty close to essie's chinchilly. It has that blue shimmer, dries matte and took 3 coats to be opaque. The formula on this one was just ok, it wasn't like the pink one but still not too great. It's beautiful, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble though.



COAT COUTURE...




 Coat Couture is a beautiful grey/purple beige color and has that blue shimmer though it too. This is my second favorite from the collection and it took two coats to be opaque. It of course dries matte and the shimmer stands out very well in this one. The formula was very nice and went on very smooth and leveled itself out and I had no problems with this one. 



SPUN IN LUX...

Spun in lux is my very favorite of the collection and has the best formula too. This one can be opaque in one coat if you really took your time on it, but I did two here. It's a gorgeous black matte cream with very apparant blue shimmer. The shimmer shows up in certain lights when matte, but it really stands out when it's topcoated and glossy. It's just easy and the one I recommend the most!


My Thoughts..... I love this collection for the uniqueness of it, but most of the formulas are just pretty bad and someone who isn't great at applying nail polish will just waste their money. Like I said, I love the concept and colors in this collection, but I would only tell you 3 and maybe 4 are worth buying and that is...Spun in Lux, Coat Couture, All eyes on nudes and wrap me up. I hope that this was helpful and if you have any questions, put them below and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for checking my review out and I hope you have a great day....Remember....stay polished!!

 

 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment